Volunteer Coordinator Romania
Vacancy for: Volunteer Coordinator
Based: Brasov, Romania
How to apply: Use ‘Apply’ button on this page. Please do not send applications by email.
Projects Abroad's mission is to provide the gold standard of support and safety, so our volunteers and interns can fulfill their potential, discover themselves and create positive change in the world.
Projects Abroad is the world's largest international volunteering and internship provider, recruiting young people from all over the world.
We’ve been running projects and sending volunteers/interns all over the world for 25 years. We have sent over 115,000 enthusiastic volunteers to 29 countries to teach conversational English and to gain work experience in the fields of medicine, journalism, veterinary science, law and conservation.
We are looking for a Volunteer Coordinator to support international volunteers on a variety of projects we have in Brasov, You role will include supporting volunteers as they arrive in country and throughout their project. You will also be responsible for programme development - working with volunteers and partners to ensure all our projects respond to local community needs and fit within our local destinations goals and our company's missions and values. The Volunteer Coordinator will also be in change of recording and monitoring programme development through our Global Impact Database. The role is very busy and will involve some work outside of office hours.
Job duties and responsibilities:
- Inductions: cultural, host family, project
- Plan schedules for volunteers
- Coordinate volunteers
- Assist volunteers during their project
- Answer to questions and requests
- Produce reports and notes regarding volunteers
- Teach arts and crafts techniques, keep workshops on various themes & social events
- Keep contact with placements to find out their needs and structure volunteers activities accordingly.
We are looking for candidates with the following skills:
- Studies in Management, Literatures & Language, Tourism, or related fields
- Ability to follow up operational plans
- Experience working with culturally diverse people
- Experience in project development
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel, Internet
- Advanced English – both written and spoken
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure and meet short deadlines
- Patience and a welcoming attitude
- You will have the opportunity to work for an international company and gain experience in an international English speaking environment.
- You will be working with volunteers from around the globe.
- You will be part of an international team with staff in over 30 offices world wide.
- You will get comprehensive training
- At Projects Abroad, there are opportunities for career development
- You will have the opportunity to make a real impact in the local community
Contract and salary:
If you are selected, you will be under a permanent contract subject to passing a three-month probationary period. The monthly gross salary is 3050 RON
An offer of employment is dependent upon receipt of satisfactory references and personal interviews.
To apply, please provide a CV (2 pages maximum) and a cover letter.
Please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.