Sales Director - United Kingdom
Vacancy for: Sales Director
Based: Brighton, UK
How to apply: Use ‘Apply’ button on this page. Please do not send applications by email.
Projects Abroad is the world’s largest international volunteering and internship organisation. We’ve been running for over 25 years and have sent over 100,00 people on projects throughout the world.
We don’t just talk about making a difference in the world. We do it every day.
We are looking to recruit a motivated and inspiring Sales Director to lead our volunteer recruitment efforts across Europe. The role will be based in Brighton after a short initial stint in Goring by Sea.
This is a senior position in a global organization with significant responsibility for managing both growth in volunteer numbers and the day to day needs of a multicultural and vibrant sales team.
It will require demonstrable sales experience and proven ability in training, motivating and leading sales teams with proven, sustainable results.
You will be directly responsible for the performance of our sales teams across Europe. This is a hands-on leadership role, assisting the team with their tasks when needed. This will include:
- Setting goals for the sales teams and making sure these are achieved.
- Liaising with the marketing team to help generate quality leads, with particular emphasis on university/school outreaches, careers fairs, newsletters and direct emails.
- Lead the growth in the group trip market in European countries.
- Working with our global sales teams operationally and strategically.
- Increasing lead conversion rates for each market to meet KPIs.
- Monitoring and reviewing the performance of sales teams and providing guidance, training and skills development where needed.
- Inspiring and motivating sales teams.
- Taking responsibility for financial management of sales teams, setting budgets and accurate timely reporting of transactions.
- Ensuring that sales and operations teams collaborate and provide the best possible experience for our volunteers.
- Constantly looking out for opportunities to grow our sales in our European markets
- Lead and share good practice with senior management and peers across the company.
- Dealing directly with leads, including in person, over the telephone and via email
- Be based in the UK, willing to commute to Goring by Sea and Brighton
- Be eligible to work in the UK
- Have at least five years’ experience in a sales environment, with at least three years’ experience managing sales teams or similar, with demonstrable results.
- Speak and write English to a native level
- Have experience volunteering or living in a developing country for an extended period, preferred
- Be an excellent writer and communicator, and comfortable presenting to groups and senior management.
- Be reliable, pro-active and flexible
- Be results driven
- Be interested in travel, and willing to travel extensively to offices around the world, if needed.
- Enjoy working with people from all over the world, and enthusiastic about collaborating across cultures.
Are you interested?
Please send us:
• A one-page cover letter telling us why you are the ideal candidate for the role
• A one-page CV highlighting the experience and qualifications relevant for this role