Global Payroll Controller
Vacancy for: Global Payroll Controller
Based: Ulanbaatar, Mongolia
How to apply: Use ‘Apply’ button on this page. Please do not send applications by email.
Projects Abroad is the leading international volunteer organisation recruiting young people from the UK, Europe, USA, Canada, Australia and Japan to do worthwhile voluntary work overseas.
Annually we send over 100,000 volunteers to 29 developing countries to gain experience in fields such as teaching, medicine, journalism, veterinary science, law and conservation.
We promote volunteering opportunities through our websites, social media accounts and events.
We’re looking for a Global Payroll Controler to prepare and present appropriate payroll reports, and to provide information that is useful to the headquarter in making decisions. The nature of the position entails frequent, timely and effective communication with Financial director, UK financial managers, RO directors and the auditors.
Duties and responsibilities:
- To maintain accurate payroll data for all staff of Projects Abroad global operations
- To update data as required
- To reconcile monthly salary payments to payroll data and accounting software
- To calculate bonus payments
- To provide accurate forecasting of future payroll costs
- To prepare monthly reports of payroll costs against budgets of previous years
- To support the Finance team as required
- To prepare all the necessary documents for Recruitment offices on the server, to enter the transactions into the system, and to produce monthly bank reconciliation reports for the checking account
- To prepare budgets for Recruitment Offices based on actual analysis on a monthly basis
- Bachelor degree in Finance and Accounting or higher
- Advanced knowledge on accountancy and payroll
- Tested financial analysis techniques
- Advanced level of written and spoken English
- Advanced knowledge of Windows, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, and accountancy software
This is a permanent position, subject to passing a three-month probationary period. An offer of employment depends on a personal interview and satisfactory references.
To apply, please complete the online application form and provide a two-page CV and a cover letter.