Digital Marketing Manager - UK
Vacancy for: Digital Marketing Manager
Based: Brighton/Goring-by-Sea, Sussex, United Kingdom
How to apply: Use “apply” button on this page. Please do not send applications by email.
Projects Abroad is the world’s largest international volunteering and internship organisation. We’ve been running for over 25 years and have sent over 100,00 people on projects throughout the world..
We don’t just talk about making a difference in the world. We do it every day.
We are looking to recruit a motivated and inspiring Digital Marketing Manager to lead our digital marketing efforts and help promote our projects and the work done by our volunteers and interns around the world.
The key focus of this role is of thought leadership; inspiring a team of digital marketing specialists, stimulating innovative thinking and distilling clear digital marketing strategies across different global markets. You will need to be a self-starter, energetic and an excellent manager of people. You need to understand the customer, brand and differences across markets.
Reporting directly to the Chief Marketing Officer, your role will be to lead and advise our internal digital marketing team, external agencies and freelancers so that they deliver upon the digital marketing objectives and strategies. You will need to build alignment among many different offices and departments. You will drive project management, as well as assist with international campaign development to ensure successful brand growth. This will also entail hands on accountability for all digital marketing efforts across multiple markets around the world, taking responsibility for:
- website performance and usability
- content strategy
- content development
- paid search performance
- social media marketing
- brand development
You will work with teams across the globe and occasional travel will be expected.
This is a pivotal global role for Projects Abroad, and will require demonstrable experience in conceptualising and delivering outstanding digital marketing campaigns, as well as building and leading digital marketing teams.
- You will be directly responsible for the creation, distribution and performance of all digital marketing content and ongoing improvement of the performance of all digital marketing channels. This will include:
- Leading the digital strategy for Projects Abroad, working closely with the Chief Marketing Officer on the vision, objectives, budgets and planning.
- Taking ownership of the performance and success of digital marketing channels.
- Managing an internal creative team to implement online marketing and advertising campaigns for various products around the world.
- Working closely with external agencies on specific projects and campaigns.
- Managing freelancers where needed.
- Ensuring content produced (written, video and visual) meets brand expectations and meets marketing objectives, as well as being SEO ready.
- Collaborating with colleagues across the world to ensure that digital and traditional marketing activity is integrated and leverages off one another.
- Working with the marketing analytics specialists to monitor success of digital marketing campaigns.
- Working collaboratively to recommend digital marketing strategies in order to drive traffic, increase customer acquisition, engagement, retention and revenue.
- Managing the resolution of reputational issues on social media.
- Live in Sussex, or within easy commuting distance of Goring-by-Sea and Brighton.
- Be a UK citizen, or have the right to work in the UK.
- Have a university degree, ideally in a field with a digital, marketing or creative focus.
- Speak and write English to a native level.
- Have at least five years’ demonstrable experience in digital marketing, with at least two years’ experience in managing a team of digital marketing specialists.
- Proven skills in SEO, PPC, social media, email and content marketing.
- Demonstrable knowledge of monitoring and analysing the performance of digital channels.
- Be an excellent writer and communicator, and comfortable presenting to groups and senior management.
- Be reliable, pro-active and flexible.
- Be interested in travel, and willing to travel if needed.
- Enjoy working with people from all over the world, and enthusiastic about collaborating across cultures.
- Must have experience with various digital marketing tools, including Google Analytics, Search Console, Moz, HotJar, Facebook Business Manager, Adwords.
Although not requirements, the following would be strong recommendations for the role:
- A background in volunteering or interning abroad.
- Experience in working in an international or multicultural environment.
Are you interested?
Great! We want to hear from you.
Please send us:
- A one-page cover letter telling us why you are the ideal candidate for the role
- A one-page CV highlighting the experience and qualifications relevant for this role, and any links to examples of your work