Country Manager - Vietnam
Vacancy for: Country Manager
Based: Hanoi, Vietnam
How to apply: Use ‘Apply’ button on this page. Please do not send applications by email.
Projects Abroad is a leading international volunteering and internship organization. We recruit students, professionals, families and retirees from around the world to join our worthwhile programs overseas. Since 1992, Projects Abroad has developed programs in 25 countries and now employs over 400 people worldwide. We assist volunteers and interns on their entire journey from their first inquiry, throughout their program, and once they return. Our global team is committed to providing safe and sustainable programs and the opportunity to make a global impact!
We’re looking for a new Country Manager to plans, direct, and coordinate the administrative, operational and strategic direction of Projects Abroad Vietnam. The nature of the position entails frequent, timely and effective communication with volunteers and overseas offices. The main objective of this position is to ensure Projects Abroad Vietnam is properly managed so that it is a sustainable and viable destination offering worthwhile projects. This entails planning and strategically positioning Projects Abroad Vietnam and offering exceptional service to all partners thus ensuring continued improvement and growth in Projects Abroad Vietnam. Our fundamental mission is to provide support to critical areas and promote a cultural exchange that will benefit both our volunteers and the communities in which they work. The job is very busy and can be physically demanding so you should be prepared to work flexible hours and be willing to travel within and outside Vietnam if necessary.
As a Country Manager, you will:
- Develop and execute an operational plan for Projects Abroad Vietnam, along with your team
- Manage staff and ensure quality outcomes to all partners
- Coordinate all human resource related functions such as evaluation of staff, vacation details and staff development
- Manage the local team in a way that fosters an environment of trust and respect
- Encourage transparency and good performance
- Identify training requirements within the local team and ensure all members are performing at the highest level
- Ensure that each new volunteer feels welcome and secure in his/her new environment
- Maintain effective communication between the overseas office and the head office where necessary
- Deal with all legal and business related aspects of the office and liaise where necessary with Government Departments and other third parties
- Overview the placement allocation and host family details for volunteers
- Overview the airport arrivals and departures arrangements
- Agree on monthly budget for programme and operational expenses with the Finance Director and Head Office
- Manage monthly budget
- Liaise with partners and form strategic working relationships for the future growth and development of Projects Abroad Vietnam
- Represent Projects Abroad Vietnam at meetings, workshops, seminars, presentations, interviews as necessary
- Conduct periodic visits to placements and host families
- Update handbook, emergency cards, website information among other things as necessary
- Research and investigate new project areas for strengthening and diversity of Vietnam projects
- Facilitate briefings during induction as necessary
- Efficiently deal with all problems and complaints
- Take disciplinary actions in consultation with Head office where necessary
- Have a Master of Science degree (M.Sc.) or equivalent in Business Management, Administration, Social Sciences or any other related field or Bachelor of Science Degree (B.Sc.) or equivalent in Business Management, Administration, Social Sciences or any other related field
- Have at least 5 years’ experience working with culturally diverse population and / or in project development and management
- Show ability to formulate and implement operational plans
- Be proficient in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and internet
- Have office administration skills
- Have general knowledge about Human Resource management and supervision
- Be fluent in English and Vietnamese.
- Be able to manage a team and also be friendly and approachable to both staff and volunteers.
- Be willing to get involved with project coordinator roles as well as country manager work. This is not just an office based role.
The Country Manager is a full-time employee, subject to a three-month probationary period. Salaries are dependent on experience. Agreed day-to-day work-related expenses and health insurance are also provided.
Please complete the application form and upload a CV (maximum 2 pages) and cover letter.
Strong candidates will be contacted to arrange an interview.